- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 3 dozen rolls
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted, plus additional for coating rolls
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted, plus additional for coating rolls
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- SPRAY 36 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in small bowl.
- COMBINE scalded milk; 1/2 cup melted shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in large bowl.
- STIR in yeast mixture, eggs, flour, 1/2 cup sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let rise, covered, in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until double. Stir down.
- COMBINE remaining 1 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Pinch off a bit of dough about the size of a large walnut, roll between hands until about 5 inches long. Dip in melted shortening, and then into sugar/cinnamon mixture. Tie into a knot and place in prepared muffin cup.
- REPEAT with remaining dough. Cover; let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 knot of 36), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.