Cinnamon Oatmeal Currant Scones
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 8 scones
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (16.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Sugar Free Deluxe Cinnamon Swirl Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup currants
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Reserve 1/3 cup cinnamon swirl mix from package. Place remaining mix on medium plate. Pour 1 tablespoon milk in shallow bowl.
- COMBINE quick bread mix, 1/3 cup reserved cinnamon swirl mix, 3 tablespoons milk, butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in oats and currants.
- SPRINKLE 1 tablespoon cinnamon swirl mix from plate onto working surface before placing batter on top. Shape evenly into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Dip both sides in milk in shallow bowl . Coat both sides with cinnamon swirl mix on plate. Place on prepared baking sheet 1-inch apart.
- BAKE 10 to 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 8 scones), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.