Citrus Apple Tart
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 65 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) single Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- Powdered sugar
- PREPARE recipe for single crust pie. Roll out dough, place in a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim edges even with tart pan. Chill until ready to fill. Heat oven to 350°F.
- PEEL and core apples. Cut in half vertically, stem to stem. Slice apple halves crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Arrange about half of the sliced apples into bottom of crust in two layers, cutting apples as necessary to fill all gaps. Arrange row of apples lengthwise along outside edge of pan, overlapping the slices about 1/8 inch. Fill in center with smaller pieces of apples. Dot with butter.
- BAKE 55 to 65 minutes or until apples are fork tender and edges of apples begin to brown. Cool tart pan on wire rack. Heat orange marmalade in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 20 seconds; stir. Brush marmalade over tart. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of tart), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 31g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.