Classic Blueberry Muffins
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in our Classic Blueberry Muffins. If using frozen, make sure not to thaw them or your muffins will take on a purple hue.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 27 min
- Yield: 16 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, or frozen blueberries, unthawed
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl using a wire whisk.
- COMBINE milk, oil and eggs in large bowl using a wire whisk until smooth.
- ADD dry ingredients and mix until just blended (do not overmix). Add blueberries; stir just until evenly blended.
- SPOON batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle muffins with coarse sugar (optional). Cool 5 minutes in pan on baking rack; remove from pan to cool further. Serve warm or cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.