Classic Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Prepare recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate.
- MIX blueberries and sugar in large bowl. Stir together water and tapioca in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir into blueberries. Add lemon juice. Spoon evenly into prepared pie crust. Dot with butter pieces.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during last 20 minutes. Cool completely before cutting to allow filling to thicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 ), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.