Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 deep dish double crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 3 cups cubed or shredded boneless cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots or frozen mixed vegetables
- PREPARE pie pastry according to recipe directions. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT butter and oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, seasoned salt, thyme and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken broth gradually until blended. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, cooking until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and vegetables until coated with sauce.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Roll larger ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 13-inch circle. Place in 9 1/2-inch deep dish glass pie plate for the bottom crust. Fill pie crust with chicken filling. Roll out remaining dough. Place dough carefully on top of filled pie. Trim edges of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold top edge under bottom crust. Press edges together to seal and flute as desired. Cut several 1/2-inch slits in top crust to vent steam.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/6 of pie), Calories 730 (Calories from Fat 420), Total Fat 48g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 910mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 1g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.