Classic Fresh Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Heat oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE blueberries, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice in large bowl. Fill prepared pie crust. Dot with butter.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375°F. Continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool at least 3 hours before cutting to allow filling to thicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 33g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.