Classic Fresh Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Heat oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE blueberries, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice in large bowl. Fill prepared pie crust. Dot with butter.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam. Place on baking sheet lined with foil.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375°F. Continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool at least 3 hours before cutting to allow filling to thicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 33g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.