Classic Fried Shrimp
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- Crisco® Frying Oil Blend
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs or coarse dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp (about 35), peeled and deveined, with tails intact
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Seafood cocktail sauce (optional)
- Tartar sauce (optional)
- HEAT 2 to 3 inches oil to 365ºF in a deep fryer or heavy deep saucepan.
- COMBINE flour, salt, onion salt, pepper and garlic powder in shallow bowl. Beat eggs and water in separate shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- COAT shrimp with flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture. Drain off excess. Coat lightly with crumbs.
- FRY shrimp, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail and/or tartar sauce if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 230mg, Sodium 720mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 27g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.