Classic Molasses Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar for dipping
- COMBINE shortening and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg and molasses; beat until light and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in medium bowl. Beat into shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; dip one side in granulated sugar. Place, sugared side up, on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/48), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.