Classic Rhubarb Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups chopped red rhubarb, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups sugar, to taste
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Do not bake.
- ROLL remaining dough; cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch strips for lattice top. Chill strips.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- COMBINE rhubarb and sugar in large bowl. Mix well. Stir in flour. Spoon into unbaked pie crust. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- WEAVE strips of dough over filling to form lattice crust, extending ends of strips beyond edge of bottom crust. Trim ends of strips even with outer edge of bottom crust. Lift edge of bottom crust; fold over ends of strips. Crimp edge.
- BRUSH dough with milk. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE at 400ºF for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Remove foil. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool until barely warm or to room temperature before serving.
- TIP If using frozen rhubarb bake 60 to 70 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 36g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.