Classic Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves, or any Smucker's® Preserves or Jam
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter, shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended. Mix in flour on low speed until blended.
- BEAT egg whites in small bowl until foamy. Place pecans in separate small bowl. Roll dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip each into egg whites, then roll in pecans to coat. Place on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each ball of dough.
- BAKE 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Reshape center indentations, as necessary. Spoon 1 teaspoon preserves into each indentation. Bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.