Coconut Cashew Apricot Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 single crust recipe Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- PREPARE pie crust dough according to recipe directions. Chill 30 minutes. Heat oven to 425°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired. Thoroughly pierce bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges and bottom are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F. Combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter and shortening until coarse crumbs form. Cut in 1/2 cup coconut, apricots and cashews until blended. Crumble evenly in 15 x 11 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- STIR sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium saucepan. Whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Whisk egg yolks in small bowl. Whisk about 1/2 cup hot mixture into egg yolks. Return egg mixture to saucepan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup coconut, white baking chips and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended. Pour into baked pie crust. Cool to room temperature. Chill. Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 650 (Calories from Fat 400), Total Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 21g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 24g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.