Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 cup PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- COMBINE evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, shortening and salt in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans.
- COOL 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When cool, frost cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (For 1 slice of layer cake), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 20g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.