Coconut Pineapple Frosted Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5.1 oz) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- PREPARE and bake cake as directed on package using oil, water and eggs. Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans. Place on racks to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Blend in pudding mix. Gradually beat in milk until mixture is smooth. Gently fold in pineapple, whipped topping and 1/2 cup coconut.
- PLACE 1 layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer, rounded side up. Frost top and sides of cake with pudding mixture. Sprinkle top of cake with coconut and nuts. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 18g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.