Coffee Chip Drops
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 tablespoon Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 30 to 40 chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- DISSOLVE coffee crystals in milk. Combine brown sugar, shortening and vanilla; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg and coffee; beat well.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and just set. Place 1 candy in center of each cookie. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.