Coffee Spice Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 2 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate decorator bits
- DISSOLVE instant coffee in hot water. Beat shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- DIVIDE dough into two equal parts. Shape each half into a roll 7-inches long x 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll in chocolate decorator bits, pressing lightly. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.