Coffee Toffee Tart
Submitted by Beth R. of Richmond, Virginia Grand Prize Winner 2007 Crisco® Country Favorites Cook-Off
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 300 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup toffee bits, divided
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round fluted tart pan with removable bottom with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift flour into small bowl; add to shortening mixture. Mix on low speed until mixed.
- TRANSFER to lightly floured surface; shape into disk. Press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan (make sure the finished edge is flat). Chill until firm.
- PLACE a square of aluminum foil over crust; fill shell with 2 cups dried beans or rice to keep crust flat. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans; bake about 20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool.
- HEAT 3/4 cup cream and 1 tablespoon shortening in microwave in medium bowl until boiling (about 90 seconds). Add chocolate chips; whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- RESERVE 1/2 cup chocolate mixture. Pour remainder into cooled crust. Refrigerate 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
- ADD remaining 1/2 cup cream, 1 cup whipped topping, coffee crystals, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Beat on high 2 minutes (or until coffee has dissolved), scraping down sides occasionally.
- STIR in 1/2 cup toffee bits. Spread over chocolate layer. Refrigerate 2 hours (or overnight, if desired). Spread remaining whipped topping over coffee layer; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- CUT tart into 8 slices; place slices on serving plates. Place remaining chocolate mixture in small resealable plastic food storage bag. Microwave until warm. Cut small corner off bag; squeeze to drizzle over tart slices; serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of tart), Calories 1000 (Calories from Fat 630), Total Fat 70g (Saturated Fat 36g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 91g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 64g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.