Colonial Apple Cake
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 170 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled, cored, chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in small bowl. Set aside.
- COMBINE sugar, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl; beat at medium speed until blended, scraping bowl constantly.
- ADD dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in apples, dates and lemon peel. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool slightly. Sift powdered sugar over cake. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.