Cottage Dill Bread
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3/4 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 1/2 cup lowfat small curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large egg whites
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed for handling dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix with dill weed in large bowl. Stir in hot water, cottage cheese, oil and egg whites until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 350°F.
- COAT 8-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Remove from pan; brush with butter. Cool on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 12), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.