Country Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Nut Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 3 cups apple pie filling (from two 21-oz. cans)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
SAUCE AND TOPPING
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Apple Cake: WHISK oil and eggs in large bowl. Add quick bread mix, apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir 50 to 75 strokes until mix is moistened. Stir in nuts (foil packet) and walnuts. Spoon into prepared pan spreading evenly.
- BAKE 43 to 50 minutes or until cake is deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- For Sauce and Topping: COMBINE sugar, brown sugar, butter and cream in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- CUT warm cake into squares. Place on individual dessert plates. Top each serving with warm sauce and ice cream.
- TIP High Altitude (above 3500 ft.): Add 1/4 cup flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.