Cowboy Bob's Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, plus 2 tablespoons
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (6 oz.) package almond brickle bits
- 1 (3 oz.) package apple chips coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at low speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Stir in oats, nuts, chocolate chips, brickle bits and apple chips with spoon.
- DROP 2 measuring tablespoonfuls into a mound for each cookie. Place 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten with hard spatula to 1-inch thickness.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 16g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.