Crab Meat Imperial
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, divided
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (6 1/2 oz.) cans crab meat, drained thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons pimiento strips
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or ground red pepper, or to taste
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- MELT 1/4 cup shortening in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in green pepper. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in crab meat and pimiento strips.
- MELT 1/2 cup shortening in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour; cook until bubbly. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- COMBINE mayonnaise, salt, mustard, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl. Stir into hot sauce. Stir in crab meat mixture. Spoon into 6 shell ramekins or 10-ounce custard cups. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon crumbs. Place ramekins or custard cups on baking sheet.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is lightly browned and bubbly. Sprinkle lightly with paprika, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 700mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.