- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 (6 oz.) cans crab meat, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- MELT shortening in a 2 quart saucepan. Add green pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- STIR in flour, salt and paprika. Blend in half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- BLEND small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return to hot mixture, stirring to combine. Add crab meat and pimiento. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- SERVE in pastry shells or over toast points.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 12g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.