Cran-Apple Walnut Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup peeled, chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar and butter in large bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remainder firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in small bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Layer with walnuts and apples.
- COMBINE remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cornstarch in small bowl; stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over the apple layer. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until golden. Cool. Chill. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.