Cranberry Almond Crumb Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® Puritan® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray 12 muffins cups with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- STIR together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Whisk egg, oil, milk, orange juice and orange peel in small bowl, mixing well. Add egg mixture all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- COMBINE sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter using a fork. Stir in almonds and oats. Sprinkle over muffins.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.