Cranberry Apple Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 1 1/2 dozen muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped fresh apple
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Spray two 12-muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar and eggs in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Add milk, apple and cranberries; stir just until blended.
- SPOON batter into muffin tins to three-quarters full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and chopped nuts.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes in muffin pan. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.