Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury® Cranberry Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Finely chop 2 tablespoons of the nuts to reserve for topping.
- COMBINE remaining nuts and quick bread mix in large bowl. Cut in shortening until evenly blended. Stir in yogurt and eggs, mixing well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle reserved chopped nuts on tops of cookies.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and no indentation remains when touched with finger. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Serve warm or cool completely. Store in airtight container or wrap tightly and freeze.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.