Cranberry Orange Bars
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) jar cranberry orange relish or cranberry relish
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted and cooled
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13x9x2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar and eggs until light and fluffy in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add cranberry orange relish, orange juice and orange peel, flour and baking soda. Beat at low speed until blended, scraping bowl constantly. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and center springs back when touched lightly. Cool completely.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, orange juice, orange peel and shortening in small bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread on cooled bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.