Cranberry Pear Upside-Down Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced pears in light syrup, drained
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Cranberry Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- OR vanilla ice cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch round cake pan or 12 x 8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Pour and spread caramel topping to cover bottom of pan. Reserve 1 tablespoon pecans. Sprinkle remaining pecans around outer edge of caramel topping to make 1-inch border.
- ARRANGE pear slices over caramel topping and pecans with small ends toward center. Spoon reserved 1 tablespoon pecans over caramel topping in center of pan.
- COMBINE quick bread mix, water, oil and egg in medium bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Pour batter slowly over pears and pecans, spreading carefully to cover.
- BAKE 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Invert onto serving plate, leaving pan over cake for 1 minute. Carefully remove pan. If any topping remains in pan, spoon over cake. Cool 30 minutes. To serve, top with whipped topping or ice cream.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1 tablespoon flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.