Cream Cheese Candy Cane Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon red gel or paste coloring
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine butter, cream cheese and egg in large bowl; blend well. Add cake mix; mix until well blended. Divide dough in half. Add food coloring to half of dough; blend well for even red color.
- MEASURE 1 teaspoon white dough and 1 teaspoon red dough for each cookie. Roll out each into 4-inch rope. Place ropes side by side. Lightly roll together; twist. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; shape each to resemble candy cane.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or just until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cool.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry cake mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.