Creamy Beef and Broccoli Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and well drained
- 1/4 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 350°F.
- BROWN beef and onion in large skillet. Drain. Stir in flour, salt and garlic salt. Add 1 1/4 cups milk and softened cream cheese. Cook and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Add a small amount of hot creamed mixture to beaten egg. Return to mixture in skillet.
- COOK and stir over medium heat until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked, drained broccoli. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Top with cheese slices.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush top with milk.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes. If the pastry browns too quickly, cover edges of the crust with foil during the last 20 minutes. Let pie stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/6 of pie), Calories 670 (Calories from Fat 390), Total Fat 43g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 950mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 25%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.