Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cut-up fresh vegetables or frozen vegetables, cooked until crisp tender
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook a few minutes to brown, turn over and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from skillet. Cut into bite-size pieces. Remove skillet from heat.
- STIR flour into drippings in skillet. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- STIR in vegetables, chicken broth, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and chicken. Cook a few minutes longer until vegetables are desired consistency. Combine with noodles. Serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.