Creamy Herbed Salmon Tetrazzini
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 65 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 (7 oz.) can salmon, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 (5.2 oz.) package garlic and herb cheese
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Parsley for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; sauté until onion is tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg; stir until smooth.
- MEASURE reserved mushroom liquid, salmon liquid, and enough milk to equal 2 cups. Add milk mixture to pan; stir over medium heat until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- COMBINE half the sauce with cooked spaghetti, drained mushrooms and peas; place in prepared casserole. Stir salmon into remaining sauce. Pour over spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley; serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 670 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 39g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1070mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g), Protein 31g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 50%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.