Creamy Lemon-Lime Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 18 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting
- Grated lemon peel (optional), for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Poke holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon, about 1-inch apart, almost to bottom of cake. Wipe off handle as needed.
- STIR sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup cream and lemon juice in medium bowl. Pour slowly into holes and over top of cake. Chill 1 hour.
- BEAT remaining 2/3 cup heavy cream in medium bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Reserve 2/3 cup for garnish. Beat frosting into remaining whipped cream in bowl. Spread over top of cake. Garnish with reserved whipped cream and lemon peel.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of cake), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 40g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.