Creamy Lemon-Lime Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 18 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting
- Lemon peel curls (optional), for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Poke holes in cake almost to bottom with handle of round wooden spoon about 1-inch apart. Wipe off handle as needed.
- STIR sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup cream and lemon juice in medium bowl. Pour slowly into holes, spreading remaining over top of cake. Chill 1 hour.
- BEAT remaining 2/3 cup heavy cream in medium bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Remove 2/3 cup. Stir in powdered sugar. Place into corner of resealable plastic bag. Reserve for garnish.
- BEAT frosting into remaining whipped cream in medium bowl. Spread over top of cake. Cut small corner off bag with whipped cream. Place dollops of whipped cream (6 dollops lengthwise by 3 dollops across width for a total of 18) on top of cake. Garnish with lemon curls.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.