Creamy Poblano Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 single Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium poblano peppers or green bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- PREPARE pie crust dough according to recipe. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in cream gradually. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Stir in mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken, corn, peas and poblano peppers until coated. Pour into 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into 10-inch circle. Place over filling in pie plate. Press and flute edges to seal. Cut 3/4-inch hole in center of crust to vent steam. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 680 (Calories from Fat 430), Total Fat 48g (Saturated Fat 20g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.