Creamy Turkey and Vegetables
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 40 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 5 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 (8 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 (2 oz.) jars sliced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 to 6 servings cooked pasta or rice
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds (optional)
- HEAT oil in 3-quart saucepan. Add green pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour, seasoned salt and pepper. Blend in milk and chicken broth. Cook and stir over medium heat about 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- STIR in turkey, mushrooms, peas, pimiento and green onion. Continue cooking about 5 minutes or until hot and peas are tender. Serve over cooked pasta or rice. Top with almonds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 9g), Protein 33g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.