Crepes with Apples and Ricotta
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 12 crepes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping (optional)
- COMBINE milk, flour, eggs, water, sugar and salt in blender container or food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Add melted butter; process until blended. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- For Filling: MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add apples; saute 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cool completely.
- COAT an 8-inch nonstick skillet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons batter, tilting skillet to make 6-inch crepe. Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until bottom is lightly browned. Turn crepe over. Cook an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until bottom is lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter to cook remaining crepes, coating skillet with cooking spray as necessary.
- HEAT oven to 250°F. Combine ricotta cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl. Fold into cooled apple filling. Spoon 1/4 cup apple mixture lengthwise down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place on baking sheet, seam side down. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until warm. Drizzle with caramel topping, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.