Crispy Boneless Oven-Fried Chicken
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup plain crispy panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large eggs
- HEAT large nonstick skillet over medium. Add bread crumbs; cook 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Combine flour, seasoned salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in large resealable plastic bag or shallow bowl.
- WHISK eggs in shallow bowl until blended. Rinse chicken breasts; pat dry with paper towels. Add chicken breasts to flour mixture, one at a time, turning to coat completely. After all chicken breasts are coated, add toasted bread crumbs to remaining flour mixture; mix well.
- DIP chicken breasts in beaten egg, then into bread crumb mixture to coat. Let stand on wire rack 10 minutes to set coating.
- PLACE oil in 13 x 9-inch baking pan, tilting to completely coat bottom of pan. Place pan in hot oven for 10 minutes to heat oil. Carefully remove from oven. Arrange chicken pieces in pan in single layer. Bake 10 minutes. Turn chicken breasts. Bake an additional 8 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature reads 170°F. Remove chicken from pan and drain on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 1160mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 32g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.