Crispy Cheese Crackers
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups (8 oz.) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Pecan halves (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- PLACE shortening in medium bowl. Beat in cheese gradually at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl. Gradually beat into cheese mixture at low speed. Stir in cereal with spoon. Shape into balls, using 1 tablespoon for each one.
- ARRANGE on ungreased cookie sheets. Lightly press with knife or spatula coated with no-stick cooking spray. Press a pecan half onto each top, if desired.
- BAKE 12 to 16 minutes or until golden. Cool 10 to 12 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to a rack to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cracker), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.