Crispy Corn Fritters
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT 2 or 3-inches shortening to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in large bowl. Beat eggs, milk and 2 teaspoons melted shortening in medium bowl. Stir in corn. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- DROP by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into shortening. Fry 3 or 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted metal spoon. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 19g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.