Crispy Fish Tacos
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1/8 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 pounds cod filets, cut into 2-inch strips, lengthwise
- 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup club soda, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Taco shells or tortillas warmed according to package directions, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, lime wedges, hot pepper sauce
- COMBINE all sauce ingredients; season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oven to 200ºF. Pat fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice over each strip. Let stand while preparing batter.
- WHISK together flour, sugar, salt, cayenne and black pepper in medium bowl; add club soda and lime juice. Whisk until batter is smooth. Let stand 10 minutes. Gently stir fish into batter.
- HEAT 1 inch oil in deep skillet to 350ºF. Carefully slide 5 or 6 fish strips into oil. Fry until deeply golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fish to paper-towel-lined baking sheet; place in oven. Repeat with remaining strips.
- SERVE with sauce, taco shells or tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, lime wedges and hot pepper sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 taco), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 1040mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 46g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.