Crispy Fried Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds frying chicken, cut into pieces
- OR 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- For Seasoned Flour: COMBINE flour, garlic salt, pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning in shallow bowl or pie plate.
- For Batter: COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Whisk together egg and water. Gradually stir into flour mixture.
- RINSE chicken with cold running water. Working in small batches, coat moistened chicken with seasoned flour; shake off excess. Using tongs, dip into batter to coat. Coat again with seasoned flour mixture. Place chicken pieces on wire rack while coating remaining chicken.
- HEAT 2 inches oil to 365°F in Dutch oven or deep fryer. Place half of the chicken in hot oil, skin side down. Cover and cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until deep golden brown. Turn chicken over and continue cooking, uncovered, an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F. Drain on paper towels. Repeat to cook remaining chicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 45g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.