Crunchy and Chippy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- BEAT brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in miniature chocolate chips and peanuts.
- DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.