Crunchy Banana Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 8 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray (optional)
- 1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Banana Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup lowfat granola cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 1 small (about 1/2 cup) banana, diced
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Line 8 jumbo muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray with no-stick cooking spray. Combine quick bread mix, milk, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened.
- ADD all remaining ingredients except coarse sugar; mix well. Divide batter evenly into paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle batter in each cup with coarse sugar.
- BAKE 22 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
High Altitude: (Above 3500 Ft.)
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 jumbo muffin), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 28g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.