Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 2 to 2/1 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) semi-seet chocolate chips
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture. Stir until well blended.
- COMBINE chocolate chips, oats, nuts and wheat germ in small bowl. Stir into dough. Mix well. Shape dough into 2-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with hand to about 3/8-inch thickness.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 18g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.