- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour, sifted
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- COMBINE cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add 3/4 cup milk and shortening. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer (or beat vigorously by hand about 300 strokes). Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pans on racks. Remove cupcakes from pans and peel off paper liners.
- BEAT butter until softened in a small bowl. Beat in powdered sugar until blended. Add water. Beat until smooth. Place in resealable plastic bag. Cut off small tip of one corner.
- MAKE a small hole in bottom or side of each cupcake with a knife. Squeeze a small amount of filling into the hole. Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 25g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.