Date-Dotted Peanut Fudge Torte
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 tablespoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat 9- or 10-inch springform pan with baking spray. Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water in large bowl, stirring until blended. Add brownie mix, 1/2 cup peanut butter, oil, vanilla and eggs, mixing with heavy spoon or spatula just until well blended. Add dates, stirring until evenly distributed. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until top is crusty but center is still soft. Remove to cooling rack until pan is comfortable to the touch. Remove sides of springform pan.
- WHIP cream, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter in chilled bowl with chilled beaters until soft peaks form. Cut torte into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle lightly with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of torte), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 42g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.