- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (16.6 oz.) package Pillsbury® Date Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons milk
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE quick bread mix, milk, oil, egg, orange peel, 3 tablespoons orange juice and vanilla in large bowl until evenly moistened. Shape dough into an 8-inch round, about 1/2-inch thick, on prepared baking sheet. Coat serrated knife with no-stick cooking spray. Cut dough into 8 wedges. Separate to about 1/2 inch apart.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes.
- For Glaze: STIR powdered sugar, butter and 1 tablespoon orange juice in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons milk until right consistency to drizzle over scones.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 scone of 8), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.