Deep-Dish Double Crust Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 70 min
- Ready Time: 160 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 8 cups sliced, peeled Fuji or Gala apples (about 3 pounds or 8 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- PREPARE recipe for deep dish double crust pie, using a 9- or 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- PLACE apples in large bowl. In a small bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Toss to coat. Spoon into unbaked pie crust. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BEAT egg white with water in small bowl until frothy. Brush over top crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE 35 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 25 to 35 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 38g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.