Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick rolled oats, uncooked
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat at high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Stir in oats. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 20g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.